Sunday, December 2, 2007

Virtual Pets

My grand children got me curious about virtual pets. Reminiscent of the Beanie Babies of a few years ago, young kids are creating and adopting virtual pets online.



Leading the pack are Webkinz. Webkinz combine both real and virtual pets. These fuzzy fun creatures of different sizes come with a secret code which allows the child to access the Webkinz World where they take care of their pets, play virtual games online, and earn virtual cash to spend in the community. Created by Ganz Gift Co. in 2005, Webkinz took off like a storm and now, it is in just about every child's Christmas list. A new line of pets is introduced almost monthly, the latest include plastic pets. The collection also includes a pet clothing line and food such as waffles.





Kookeys ( not to be confused with Kookys) another virtual pet line created by Iovox Entertainment invites children to buy plush and virtual pets online. The website includes the story of Koo Land, a magical place founded by Sylvester Von Koo and Mackey Moose, where all animals live in perfect harmony.





Sims 2: Pets created for PC, Game Cube and Play Station 2 joins the virtual community of Sims where virtual people live with their virtual families and friends. Children can create pets of different breeds and looks. The pets can then interact with the family, and be trained on proper pet behaviors. Children can also adopt virtual pets either from the animal shelter or as a gift from family or friend. Pets can grow up to have defined jobs such as being a guard dog or a show dog. This is a fun interactive virtual game for both adults and children.

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclaimer

This blog is a collection of musings about things that interest me. The opinions are my own. While I try my best to be accurate and ensure accurate links to relevant sites, I may make honest mistakes, hopefully few and far between. I intend no harm to anyone. I welcome comments but please be kind and observe a no profanity ethic. This site may contain paid content but this in no way affects the honesty and spirit of the writing. I do not collect personal information or insert cookies in reader's computers. Blog posts belong to me. Content may be copied and distributed (but not modified), as long as my authorship is acknowledged with a link back to the content page. Photos are either mine or obtained from free sites. I make an effort to track and acknowledge the owner but this is often not possible. If you are the owner of photos on this site, please contact me. As life is a continually changing process, this blog is a work in progress.

Apture