Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gift Baskets for Holiday Gift Giving

For a few years now, I have been sending out of town friends gift baskets for holiday and special occasion gift giving. With so many products to choose from and so many vendors available online, I have been able to tailor the gift to friend's likes.

For my gourmet friends, I can send a gift basket of wine, cheese, nuts, with a cookbook or a special utensil. To my bibliophile friends, I can send a basket of books by their favorite authors. To my plant loving friends, I usually send 1800flowers gift baskets. My movie viewing friends enjoy popcorn gift baskets with a DVD, varieties of popping corn and a movie pass.

I have also made up unique gift baskets from specialty store finds all year round. I pick potential gifts I know certain friend might like that I can later put in a gift bag. Jazz lovers might like vintage Blue Note music or CD. I might pick up a Fiesta plate for or a Hummel figurine for friends who collect them. I especially enjoy thrift store finds of rare items that someone might like.

For the upcoming holiday season beat the crowd. Make your own gift baskets or order from your favorite online store.

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Disclaimer

This blog is a collection of musings about things that interest me. The opinions are my own. While I try my best to be accurate and ensure accurate links to relevant sites, I may make honest mistakes, hopefully few and far between. I intend no harm to anyone. I welcome comments but please be kind and observe a no profanity ethic. This site may contain paid content but this in no way affects the honesty and spirit of the writing. I do not collect personal information or insert cookies in reader's computers. Blog posts belong to me. Content may be copied and distributed (but not modified), as long as my authorship is acknowledged with a link back to the content page. Photos are either mine or obtained from free sites. I make an effort to track and acknowledge the owner but this is often not possible. If you are the owner of photos on this site, please contact me. As life is a continually changing process, this blog is a work in progress.

Apture